JHR CUP Partnership
JHR is pleased to announce a new partnership with the Canadian University Press.
Canadian University Press (CUP), formed in 1938, is a national, bilingual, non-profit co-operative, owned and operated by student newspapers from coast to coast. The oldest student news service in the world, and North America’s only student press co-operative, CUP is how student newspapers exchange stories and ideas.
CUP/PUC do not sell their services to campus newspapers. Instead, papers become owners and operators of the co-op. Members decide how CUP/PUC serves them, whether that means providing training and resources or alerting them to job opportunities.
CUP/PUC currently provides the following services to members:
- A newswire (cupwire.ca) featuring original nationally-relevant content
- Resource materials designed specifically for campus publications
- Regular membership newsletters
- Access to one of Canada’s top libel lawyers
- Employment and internship resources
- A mentorship program
- A peer and professional network
- Discounted regional and national conferences
Through partnering with JHR, CUP is looking forward to developing meaningful and sustainable ties between young journalists working on Canadian campuses and journalists working in different communities and different parts of the world. CUP is excited to offer its members access to JHR’s human rights-first approach to journalism and continuing building a strong relationship with the organization and its chapters across Canada. Learn more about CUP/PUC here.